Disclaimer: The template provided in the form of Visual Studio project(C# and JS) is meant to act as a starter kit for Windows Store apps development. You are recommended to change or modify the look
and feel to suit the branding that is required for your app. The template by no means restricts you to stick to the layout, navigation or other aspects indicated.
Invitation template will help if you want to build an app which has the following ingredients
- Event Category Display
- Event Catalogue Display
- Event Details Page
- Review and Share Page
The Invitation template is an emulation of an invitation app with placeholders for event category, catalogue, details and review share data. You can also share the created invitation through share source.
You can leverage this template for any scenario as long as the implementation scenario is closest to the template. Please refer to the “snapshots” folder under the root template folder to get a glimpse
of the template look and feel.
Download includes the following
- Source (C# and JS)
How does this template help? -> This template has been created keeping in mind the Windows 8 style & experience. Just by binding the relevant data, you should have a good looking app that runs in the paradigm of Windows
8. This template addresses the following
- App Views (Landscape, Fill, Snap and Portrait)
- Live Tile
- Share Contract
Images in the Template-> The images in the template are included as an indicator of the look and feel. You are expected to use relevant images as you deem it right for your app. In addition, while you build an app using this
template, make sure to address the below images as part of branding the app
- App Tile (Default and Wide Logo)
- Splash Screen
- Live Tile
- Event Images as per the scenario
System requirements ->The template has been built using Visual Studio 2012 RTM Release and Windows 8 RTM Release. Opening this template is earlier versions will break the template.
Build the sample
- Start Visual Studio 2012 RTM for Windows 8 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Go to the directory in which you unzipped the template. Go to the directory named for the sample, and double-click the Solution (.sln) file.
- Press F6 or use Build->Build Solution to build the sample
Run the sample->To debug the app and then run it, press F5 or use
Debug > Start Debugging. To run the app without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or use
Debug > Start without Debugging.
Install the Package->If you want to check on the template before opening the source, you can install the template package from Package folder after you have unzipped the template. Follow the below instructions
to install the package
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation
- Once installation is done, you will get a Wide App Tile on the start screen